Where should you go and what should you do in your travels next year? I spoke with Becky Powell, President of Protravel International. She told me that these resorts below set the bar extremely high as top properties to experience in 2020 and are her favorite picks for luxury trips next year.
1. The Chatwal New York: I absolutely love this property as it’s just in my backyard of New York City! It’s a place that I recommend to my friends and family when they are visiting. When I’m looking for a mini-escape and a staycation-type experience for the weekend, this is one of my top choices. They have beautiful accommodations and amazing spa and wellness offerings.
2. Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort: At Anantara Dhigu Maldives Resort, adventures await across three islands, at sea, and below the water’s surface. Salute the sun. Meditate before the ocean. Indulge in soothing Ayurvedic therapies tailored to your needs. At Anantara Dhigu, you can be as relaxed or revved up as you please, with their Balance Wellness by Anantara program on offer at Maldives wellness resort Anantara Veli across the lagoon.
3. Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok: Bangkok is such a fantastic destination to experience. With that said, the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok is perfect because of the location, the crystal views of the river and because of the newly remodeled rooms. The rooms are light and airy, the décor is luxurious and delicate. The crown molding that was chosen is gorgeous. The restaurant Lord Jim’s has uninterrupted views of the river. The Seafood and Prime Cut Grill is one of Bangkok’s most beloved places to meet. While at the hotel, you can delight your palate and be healthier with their vegan and gluten-free afternoon tea.
4. Raffles Singapore: This hotel just reopened from a big refurbishment and it’s a must-see in 2020.Travelers can experience the ultimate legendary service the hotel is known for and enjoy newly opened bars, restaurants and boutiques. The architecture is stunning and so is the ambience.
5. The Dupont Circle: This luxurious hotel is in the heart of D.C. and is part of The Doyle Collection. It recently went through a refurbishment and the new rooms are beautiful. Not only do they provide comfort for their guests in the rooms but they have super-luxe interiors. Following a multimillion-dollar investment program, in collaboration with world-acclaimed interior designer, Martin Brudnizki and New York-based designer Clodagh, The Dupont Circle brings both a fusion of American and European style and service to the city.
6. Equinox Hotel in New York: All of the Equinox Hotels embody the same holistic philosophy as the Equinox Fitness Clubs. This hotel is innovative and the brand is redefining “luxury” as the ultimate in experience and “travel” as a seamless extension of a life well-lived. These hotels were developed to empower guests with tools that simplify the complex interplay between work, rest, decadence and discipline, part of a connected 360-degree lifestyle travel experience.
As background, these hotels are part of Protravel’s SELECT Hotels & Resorts, which is made up of over 1,400 of the world’s most stunning hotels, spas and resorts. This premium program from Protravel offers VIP-worthy amenities to craft an authentic, memorable experience. SELECT perks may include a $100 USD VIP amenity, private transfers, breakfast, Wi-Fi, spa treatments, afternoon tea, custom welcome amenities and exclusive on-property access reserved for the most discerning travelers.